You may build a schedule, but staff often request additional changes. Instead of making
the changes yourself, let your staff trade shifts online. Allowing swaps also keeps
your Amion schedule current even after-hours.
Enable swap shifts
- Amion uses email to negotiate trades between staff. Check in OnCall
that you have email addresses entered for your staff. Click the face icon, third from
the top left for Work Preferences. This is the spot where anything specific
to a person happens including vacation and other time off, etc. Use the info box to
choose the person you want and also to enter their contact info using the three fields
in the lower left - email addresses in the lowest of the three.
- Go to File / Preferences / Amion Options. Check the box to Swap shifts
online. Once enabled, additional swap shift preferences appear. Check any that
apply for your group.
Note: If you select the preference to pick up open shifts, any open shift in
the schedule will automatically appear in the swap trade pool at Amion. Learn
more about picking up open shifts.
Selecting the preference to email staff only means that you, the administrator,
will not receive swap email notifications when they occur.
- Also in Preferences / Amion Options, check use 'no reply' return
for email the server sends to staff. This ensures the messages will not flag as
spam. Click OK to save the preferences and close window.
- Enable Flag switches to track the swapped shift changes. On your schedule
page, click on a date cell. In the Infobox.. window, check the box Flag
- If additional admins/health professional staff, other than you, need swap notifications,
enable email schedule-change notifications. Learn
to setup email notifications under the Automatic notification section.
- Publish your schedule to Amion to save changes. Your Amion schedule online
will dispay a new swap shift icon in the toolbar.
Staff must enter their personal password to access their swap calendar or swap pool
at Amion. Learn how staff
obtain passwords and trade shifts online.